A. Course Objective: Description: This course helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT. It prepares students for the TestOut IT Fundamentals Pro and CompTIA IT Fundamentals (FC0-U61) certification exams. Students considering careers in information technology will use multiple learning formats to acquire foundational concepts, knowledge and skills. Competencies to be achieved: This course covers foundational IT concepts including identifying and explaining computer components, installing software, establishing network connectivity and preventing security risks. It also focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use.
B. Total Cost of Program (include all costs to student including testing, licensure): $ 1190.00
C. Provide a list of all books required for the program (even if cost of books is included in tuition): TestOut Interactive E-books:
- IT Fundamentals Pro
D. Provide a list of all supplies required for the program (even if costs are included in tuition): None
E. WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential Verification:
F. Direct Website link to the program: https://tekskillsacademy.com/it-fundamentals/
G. Additional information:
- Background check requirements for licensing and background restrictions for working in the occupation: None
- Other requirements needed: None
H. Refund Policy (provide a summary if Refund policy is not listed on school website): Tuition refunds are determined as follows:
- Before the beginning of classes, the student is entitled to a refund of 100% of the tuition.
- After the commencement of classes, the tuition refund amount shall be determined as follows: Percentage of the clock hours attempted: Tuition Refund amount: 10% or less = 90% refund, More than 10% and less than or equal to 20% = 80% refund, More than 20% and less than or equal to 30% = 70% refund, More than 30% and less than or equal to 40% = 60% refund, More than 40% and less than or equal to 50% = 50% refund, More than 50% = No Refund is required
- Books and Supplies: There is no refund for used equipment, books and supplies received by the student. (CLC will Refund students for issued equipment, books and supplies if not used or opened).
- Exam fees: paid up-front will be refunded in full if exam not taken.
- Special Cases: In case of prolonged illness or accident, death in the family, or other circumstances that make it impractical for the student to complete the program, the school may make a settlement, which is reasonable and fair.
I. Credentials: (The following questions must be answered along with a supporting explanation for each)
- Industry Recognized: (Developed and offered by, or endorsed by a nationally-recognized industry association or organization representing a sizeable portion of the industry sector) Yes or No: Yes Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: ComptIA , Testout
- Stackable: (Part of a sequence of credentials) Yes or No: Yes Career Pathway: Information Technology
- Portable: (Recognized in other geographical areas; by other educational institutions; or by other industries/companies) Yes or No (Explain): Yes, Most Private and Public Companies have a demand for this skill set
- Accredited Curriculum: (This is referring to the course being accredited, not the test or school) Yes or No: No Accrediting Agency and link to website:
J. Credential Attainment Rate: Percentage of students in the last 24 months who obtained a postsecondary credential, or secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, during participation or within one year after exit from the training program. (80%)
|Entrance Requirements||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|School||Computer Learning Center|
|Address||3056 N 33rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85017|
|Phone Number||(623) 939-7929|
|Fax Number||(623) 939-7929|
|WIOA Approved Program||Yes|
|Curriculum Competency Based||Yes|
|Total Credit/Curriculum Hours||28|
|Total Number of Training Weeks||4|
|Training Location(s)||3056 N 33rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85017|
|Type of Attainment||Industry Certificate, Secondary Diploma, Measurable Skills|
|Name of Credential||ITF+ IT fundamantals Pro|
|Type of financial aid offered or have access to||None|
|Refund Policy||See Synopsis|